Advanced Buoyancy Control
The benefits of controlling your buoyancy usually has a great positive effect, an effect that will enhance your sense of enjoyment, and feeling of accomplishment. This specialty is designed to increase your understanding of the factors that influence your buoyancy, and to train you in using those means available to you as methods for controlling your buoyancy. The added benefits to the marine, and freshwater environments, cannot be overstated; as well as a diver that has better control of himself in conjunction with his environment.
Who this course is for
- The certified diver looking to improve and/or fine-tune their buoyancy to prevent damage to the underwater world.
- SDI Open Water Scuba Diver, SDI Junior Open Water Diver, or equivalent
- Minimum age 18, 12 with parental consent
What you can expect to learn
- Importance of good buoyancy control
- When and how to perform a buoyancy check
- Things affecting buoyancy
- Breathing patterns and techniques
- Hovering and swimming exercises
- Ascents and descents including safety stop skills
- Streamlining equipment and body
- Effecient kicking techniques
- Classroom Training: 1-2 hours covering buoyancy theory
- Pool or Open Water Dives: With a qualified instructor, students will complete two dives in either a swimming pool or open water environment depending on the type of diving they will be engaging in.
Course fees do not include gear, tanks, airfills, travel, accommodations, training manuals.