The Nitrox Diver course enables divers to breathe compressed air with a higher than normal % of oxygen. It will provide the scuba diver with the knowledge and skill to dive with nitrox mixtures from 22 to 40 percent oxygen. Diving with Nitrox can increase your bottom times, reduce fatigue, reduce the effects of nitrogen narcosis, and reduce your chances of decompression sickness if followed properly. Nitrox diving is gaining popularity at resorts, live aboard boat operators and local dive shops. Diving with Nitrox gives you the extra-added safety cushion if followed properly. Must be a certified Open Water Diver to enroll in the Nitrox course.
Tuesday, July 24 at 6:00pm
Tuesday, August 21 at 6:00pm
Tuesday, October 9 at 6:00pm
Wednesday, January 23 at 6:00pm
Wednesday, February 20 at 6:00pm
For other dates not listed,
Saturday, September 15 at 9:00am
Saturday, November 10 at 9:00am
Saturday, December 8 at 9:00am
Saturday March 9 at 9:00am
Who this course is for
- The certified diver looking to advance their knowledge and skill set
- The certified diver looking to extend their no decompression time limits
- Minimum age 18, 12 with parental consent
- SDI Open Water Scuba Diver, SDI Junior Open Water Scuba Diver, or equivalent, or current enrollment in one of those courses
What you can expect to learn
- Physiology of using different breathing gas mixtures and equipment considerations for using nitrox
- How to safely use nitrox mixtures up to 40 percent with a dive computer
- Advantages and disadvantages of utilizing nitrox mixtures, how to analyze a nitrox mixture
- Review of decompression theory and dive tables
- Formulas and calculations for safe dive planning with nitrox
- Pre-Course Study: Prior to the start of the course, students must successfully complete either the Online Training or Student Manual with IQ Review.
- Classroom Training: Hands-on classroom training must be completed including review of key concepts with the instructor, analyzing nitrox cylinders, programming your dive computer for nitrox diving.
Course fees do not include gear, tanks, airfills, travel, accommodations, training materials.