Classroom & Pool Online (With Int'l Referral)
$475 per person
Designed for students who are from out of town or shift-working that makes it difficult to attend the Friday evening pool & classroom session. Please note, this option requires a minimum of 2 participants. If you would like to register without a buddy, please contact the store to review your options.
- Online training: Price includes online training code as well as other required training materials. Minimum age to complete the online training is 13 years old.
- Other Costs: Price includes scuba gear, but does not include personal snorkeling gear (mask, snorkel, fins, boots) which may be rented for the weekend for $25. There will be a small fee for printing your certification card once you have completed the training. Costs for completing your open water training at your destination dive shop will be set by the instructor or dive shop, please consult them for pricing.
- Timeframe: The course is held on weekends: Saturday & Sunday all day. The exact start & finish times will vary depending on the pool schedule, but normally Saturday & Sunday will be from about 8:30a.m. until about 5:00p.m. Additional pool or classroom sessions are available if students need or want extra time to practice their skills beyond the weekend schedule.
- Training Received:
- 5-6 hours of reading and home study prior to the start of the weekend session
- 4-5 hours of classroom time with the instructor
- 5-6 hours of pool time with the instructor
- The total number of hours that you will spend under the personal guidance of an instructor is approximately 10 hours.
- Instructors are available for assistance with the online theory via email, phone, or in-person during our regular store hours.
- Class Size: The condensed course is typically a smaller size group of 2-6 students with direct supervision and guidance of 1 instructor and 1 divemaster.
- Where: Classroom sessions are in our classroom at the store on the westend of Edmonton and pool training is normally at NAIT (unless otherwise indicated).
- Pre-Study: Prior to the start of the course, students must complete the pre-course study material which includes Online Training with IQ Review.