The Deep Diver course is intended to provide the necessary training to plan and execute dives that are outside the range of depths that are experienced during the open water course, specifically beyond the depth of 60 ft but not deeper than 130 ft.
Who this course is for
- Any certified open water scuba diver who wishes to expand their diver knowledge and skill set
- Any certified open water scuba diver who would like to advance their dive training
- SDI Open Water Scuba Diver, SDI Junior Open Water Scuba Diver, or equivalent
- Minimum age 18, 12 with parental consent
- Recommended 10 or more logged dives, some of which must be recent (with-in the last 6 months)
- Cold water experience. In order to complete this course locally you should have some dive experience in cold water prior to this course.
- Underwater dive slate or wetnotes
- Surface marker buoy with reel
- Dive Computer
- Dive Light
What you can expect to learn
- How to plan and execute dives that are outside the range of depths that are experienced during an SDI Open Water Scuba Diver course, and more!
- History of dive tables and computers
- Equipment needed for deep diving
- Physics and physiology of deep diving
- Emergency procedures for deep diving and first aid
- Calculation of SAC (surface air consumption) rate and use it for dive planning
What’s in it for you?
- You will receive the necessary training that will allow you to venture beyond 18 metres/60 feet and to a maximum depth of 40 metres/130 feet.
- Pre-Course Study: Prior to the start of the course, students must successfully complete either the On-Line Training or Student Manual with IQ Review.
- Open Water Dives: With a qualified instructor, students will complete two dives in an open water environment.
Course fees do not include gear, tanks, airfills, travel, accommodations, training materials.
There are no products listed under this category.