Open Water Training Only - Jasper/Twin Lakes
OPEN WATER TRAINING DETAILS:
- Price includes one snorkel dive and four open water scuba dives with an instructor (Jasper or local Alberta lake).
- All scuba equipment is provided except snorkeling gear (mask, snorkel, fins, boots) which may be purchased or rented for $25.
- Price does NOT include the required airfills after diving on Saturday in order to complete the Sunday dives. At the store in Edmonton, an airfill is $8 per tank, in Jasper at the firehall it is approximately $10 per tank.
- Prices do not include transportation, accommodation, meals, etc.
- Please keep in mind that you will be required to haul your dive gear to the dive site for the open water training. This will include two tanks each, a weight belt, and a duffel bag with a wetsuit & other scuba equipment. Please plan your transportation accordingly especially if carpooling.
- Open Water training must be completed within 6 months of pool and class course.
- Complete your four required open water dives with a drysuit for an extra fee, which includes an extra pool session, extra open water dive with the instructor, and use of a rental drysuit (limited sizes available). Upon successful completion, you will receive your Drysuit Specialty Certification. Dry Suit Diving manual not included
Jasper Campsite Bookings
- Please call store for availability of sites prior to booking your open water training dives. (Availability listed here may not be the most up-to-date information)
- Once paid for and confirmed, the campsite reservation will be transferred to the student
- Please consult the Parks Canada Cancellation Policy
- Please consult the Map for Jasper, Whistler's Campground to determine suitability of a campsite prior to booking
Info about the campsites:
- All campsites are pre-booked in Whistler's Campground which is about 5 min drive from Jasper townsite and about 5 min drive from Lake Beauvert (dive site)
- Campsites are for maximum of 3 items. Each of the following are considered 1 item: vehicle, tent, camper, trailer, motorhome. Therefore, 2 tents and a vehicle are considered 3 items. Or a tent, trailer, and a vehicle.
- Campsites have a fire pit (check availability) but still require the purchase of a fire permit at the time of check-in
- Campsites will accommodate maximum 24-27 ft trailer/motorhome
- For more information, please consult the Parks Canada website
- Please register with us online, in-store, or over the phone for our regularly scheduled courses held at the NAIT Pool
- Please refer to our Refund Policy for questions about rescheduling or canceling registration for a course.
- Upon registration for the open water portion of the training, students should come to the store to get fitted for their wetsuit, hood, gloves, and BCD. The sooner you reserve your sizes, the less likely you will be disappointed if your size is gone!
Maps & Forms