Already certified or completed your pool & classroom training? Come out to the pool to splash around and practice yours skills. Great way to brush up before a holiday, try out a new piece of equipment, or just get off the couch.
If it's been a while since your last dive (more than 12 months), or if you don't remember basic skills like gear setup, entries, etc, then check out our Refresher page for sessions where you can work with an instructor.
Join in on some pool time at the Grant MacEwan Pool. Cost is $40.00 for all the gear and entrance to the pool for a 2-3 hour pool session (fees are less if you have all or some of your own gear). Pre-registration is required and space is limited. Please ensure enough time to pick up gear & tanks at the store prior to the start of your pool time.
TRY BEFORE YOU BUY! Any mask, snorkel, fins, BCD, or regulators. Come out to pool fun and try out a piece of gear that you have your eye on. Great way to ensure it's a good fit, the right size, and the perfect style. Contact the store for more details.
Alternatively, join in some pool fun with the AUC (Alberta Underwater Council) at the Kinsmen dive tank during the winter months. Pre-registration is not required but please reserve gear and tank rentals with us prior to the date. Please ensure enough time to pick up gear & tanks at the store prior to the start of your pool time. Certification cards must be presented to an AUC volunteer and a liability waiver signed at the pool. For dates, times, costs, and the most current information, please go to the AUC website.
- Each session depends on allotted pool time and will range from 1-3 hours.
- Any required rental equipment including tanks, weights, scuba and snorkeling gear must be picked up from the store during regular hours and dropped off after the pool session (please reserve ahead of time if possible)
Registration for Grant MacEwan Pool Fun
- Pre-registration is required at the store prior to the start of the pool session
- Please bring your certification card and dive log book at time of registration
- Please bring a credit card for any gear rentals that you'll be picking up
- Please register with us online, in-store, or over the phone
Registration for AUC Kinsmen Night
- Please bring your certification card to the pool to show to an AUC representative
- Gear rentals must be picked up and dropped off at the store during regular store hours, please bring a credit card for any gear rentals that you'll be picking up
- Note: Subject to change, refer to AUC's website for most up-to-date information
|MacEwan Pool||AUC Kinsmen Pool|
July 29, 30
Winter 2023-24 TBA
KINSMEN DEMO DAYS AND WORKSHOPS ARE BACK!
Partnering with the AUC Kinsmen pool times, we will have an instructor on-site providing some gear that you can demo or advice and feedback a variety of skills that you can practice. Here is a list of upcoming dates and the topics:
Winter 2023-24 TBD - Practice with your underwater camera
We will have a few underwater props that you can use as photography subjects to practice with your camera.
Winter 2023-24 TBD - Mask & Fins Demo
Try out a different mask or pair of fins. We will have a variety on hand that you can try out.
Winter 2023-24 TBD - Wing & Backplate Demo
Ever wonder what all the hype is about? Try out a wing & backplate style BCD and see how you like it. Send us an email with your height/weight to reserve one! (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Winter 2023-24 TBD - Buoyancy & Fin Kicks Tips & Tricks
Trying to dial in your buoyancy? We'll give you a few tips and tricks to help you with your buoyancy, trim, weighting, and proper finning techniques.
$40.00Important Details Each session depends on allotted pool time and will range from 1-2 hours. Pool fun is for active divers to practice their skills, test out new gear or just splash around. This is not a refresher. Divers who need assistance or whom...$40.00