The SDI Advanced Scuba Diver Development Program was created to make truly “Advanced Divers” and is designed for qualified scuba divers who wish to increase their knowledge, skills, comfort level, and enjoyment of diving.
To earn this dive rating you must complete 4 SDI, TDI or equivalent Specialty Diver certification courses (or equivalent). Courses recommended for this rating include but are not limited to Deep Diver, Underwater Navigation, Dry suit Diver, Night/Limited visibility diver, Advanced Buoyancy control, Intro to Tech and Equipment Specialist. Only one non-diving course can be applied and SDI Computer Nitrox may be counted as a diving specialty.
Once you have logged your 25th dive (these can include any and all training dives), and completed four SDI, TDI, or ERDI specialties, you can bring your qualification into the store to be awarded the SDI Advanced Scuba Diver certification. Card printing and admin fees apply.
By earning the SDI Advanced Scuba Diver certification you will have increased abilities and comfort in the water and be ready for the next step, SDI Rescue Diver.
Who this course is for
- Any certified open water scuba diver who wishes to expand their diving knowledge and skill set
- Any certified open water scuba diver who would like to advance their dive training
- Any SDI Advanced Adventure diver or equivalent who would like to receive more experience in the specialties they participated in during their SDI Advanced Adventure diver program
- SDI Open Water Scuba Diver, SDI Junior Open Water Scuba Diver, or equivalent
- Minimum age 18, 12 with parental consent
- Equipment Requirements (in addition to scuba gear): primary dive light, backup dive light, dive knife, underwater slate, underwater compass, surface marker buoy, dive reel
What you can expect to learn
- Detailed information about four SDI, TDI, or ERDI Diver specialties of your choice
- Calculation of your SAC (surface air consumption) rate which is vital for proper dive planning
- Deployment of a surface marker buoy in open water
What’s in it for you
- An opportunity to experience several SDI, TDI, or ERDI specialties at the sport level
- Continued diver education, skills, and knowledge
- Ability to enroll in and complete selected specialties
- After successful completion, ability to enroll in the SDI Rescue Diver Course
SDI Advanced Diver minimum requirements
- Complete four SDI, TDI, or ERDI Specialty Diver courses or equivalent; only one course without dives (such as Equipment Specialist)
- Proof of 25 logged open water dives
- Advanced knowledge demonstration
- Advanced diving skills performance
Course fees do not include transportation, accommodation, equipment, air fills, etc.
Online DAN Prepared Diver Course$40.00The aim of DAN's Prepared Diver courses is to prevent the most common accidents in diving. If you're already certified, whether you're a beginner or a seasoned veteran, this is a great course to review the basics and also some more advanced...$40.00