Search & Recovery
This specialty is designed to acquaint the diver with special skills and techniques necessary to successfully plan, execute and evaluate a search and recovery dive. This specialty course will teach you the basics of searching for a lost object from outboard boat motors to jewelry. You will also learn to recovery the object once it is located this includes the use of lift bags and tying lines underwater to secure and lift the object.
Who this course is for
- The certified diver looking for more information to maximize the use of search and recovery for scuba diving
- SDI Open Water Scuba Diver, SDI Junior Open Water Diver, or equivalent
- Minimum age 18, 15 with parental consent
What you can expect to learn
- Navigation and estimating distances
- Limited visibility diving techniques and hazards
- Search techniques including grid search, circular search, and others
- Salvage techniques including use of lift bags
- Classroom Training: Hands-on classroom training must be completed prior to completing the pool training.
- Pool Training: With a qualified instructor, students will complete one pool training session
- Open Water Dives: With a qualified instructor, students will complete two dives in an open water environment.
Course fees do not include gear, tanks, airfills, travel, accommodations, training materials.