Classroom & Pool (With International Referral)
$350 per person (Individual Registration)
or $300 per person if you register with a friend (Buddy Special)
If you're planning on traveling (like Mexico, Hawaii, Vancouver Island, etc), you can also complete the classroom & pool training with us and then complete your open water training dives at your holiday destination with a Referral Letter. You will take your referral letter to the instructor at your vacation destination who will complete your four required dives with you. Students must keep in mind that this part of the training is still part of the certification course, and therefore your four required dives must be completed with the same instructor. The open water training must be completed within 6 months of your pool & classroom training. After completing the dives, bring your signed Referral Letter back to us and we will issue you a permanent certification card. Costs to complete your open water dives internationally will depend on where you go.
- Online Training or Textbook: Price includes choice of a soft-cover textbook or online training code as well as other required training materials.
- Other Costs: Price includes scuba gear, but does not include personal snorkeling gear (mask, snorkel, fins, boots) which may be rented for the weekend for $25.
- Timeframe: The course is held over : Saturday & Sunday. The exact start & finish times will vary depending on the pool schedule, but normally Saturday 11:00am-7:00pm and Sunday will be from about 11:00am-8:00pm. Additional pool or classroom sessions are available if students need or want extra time to practice their skills beyond the weekend schedule.
- Training Received:
- 5-6 hours of reading and home study prior to the start of the weekend session
- 6 hours of classroom time with the instructor
- 6 hours of pool time with the instructor
- The total number of hours that you will spend under the personal guidance of an instructor is approximately 14 hours.
- Class Size: Classes have maximum of 12 students with direct supervision and guidance of 1-2 instructors and 1-2 divemasters.
- Where: Classroom sessions are in our classroom at the store on the westend of Edmonton and pool training is normally at Grant MacEwan (unless otherwise indicated).
- Pre-Study: Prior to the start of the course, students must complete the pre-course study material which includes a Student Manual with IQ Review