The SDI Rescue Diver Course is designed to develop the knowledge and necessary skills to effectively perform diver rescues and assist and administer the necessary first aid in the event of an emergency. You will learn skills such as how to perform self-rescues, buddy rescues, recognize and calm potential panic divers, administer proper first aid to divers that have experienced dive related injuries, conduct effective search patterns and manage accident scenes. After the SDI Rescue Diver Course you can enroll in the SDI Master Scuba Diver Development Program or start in the professional ranks and sign up for the SDI Divemaster Course.
Who this course is for
- Any certified open water scuba diver who wishes to expand their diver knowledge and skill set
- Any certified advanced adventure diver or advanced diver who would like to advance in dive training
- Anyone interested in becoming a dive leader
- Minimum age 18, 15 with parental consent
- Provide proof of current CPR, first aid and oxygen provider certification
- Provide proof of SDI Advanced Adventure Diver certification, or equivalent, or open water diver certification and 40 logged open water dives(at least 10 must be in cold water)
What you can expect to learn
The rescue certification course is designed to develop the knowledge and necessary skills for an individual to effectively perform diver rescues and assists, and administer necessary first aid.
- Prevention and causes of diving accidents: stress and psychological factors, phycial conditioning, and equipment
- Diving lifesaving: self rescue, diver assists, surface and underwater rescues, exit techniques
- Hyperbaric injuries and management
- Accident Management
- Pre-Course Study: Prior to the start of the course, students must successfully complete either the Online Training or Student Manual with IQ Review.
- Classroom Training: Hands-on classroom training must be completed prior to completing the pool training.
- Pool Training: With a qualified instructor, students will complete one pool training session
- Open Water Dives: With a qualified instructor, students will complete two dives in an open water environment.
Course fees do not include gear, tanks, airfills, travel, accommodations, training materials.
There are no products listed under this category.