Advanced Buoyancy Control
The benefits of properly controlling your buoyancy have a huge positive effect, an effect that will enhance your sense of enjoyment, and feeling of accomplishment. This specialty is designed to increase your understanding of the factors that influence your buoyancy, and to train you in using those means available to you as methods for controlling your buoyancy. The added benefits to the marine, and freshwater environments, cannot be overstated; as well as a diver that has better control of himself in conjunction with his environment.
|Pool Course||Jasper/Twin Lakes Course|
Feb 3-4 2024
Contact us for dates
Summer 2024 TBD
Who this course is for
- The certified diver looking to improve and/or fine-tune their buoyancy to prevent damage to the underwater world.
- SDI Open Water Scuba Diver, SDI Junior Open Water Diver, or equivalent
- Minimum age 18, 12 with parental consent
What you can expect to learn
- Importance of good buoyancy control
- When and how to perform a buoyancy check
- Things affecting buoyancy
- Breathing patterns and techniques
- Hovering and swimming exercises
- Ascents and descents including safety stop skills
- Streamlining equipment and body
- Efficient kicking techniques
- Classroom Training: 1-2 hours covering buoyancy theory
- Pool or Open Water Dives: With a qualified instructor, students will complete either 1-2 pool sessions or 2 open water dives at a local lake, depending on the type of diving they normally engage in.
Course fees do not include gear, tanks, airfills, travel, accommodations, training manuals.
$180.00Important Details Lessons will be held at a local lake (usually Jasper or Twin Lakes) Includes a classroom session and 2 open water dives with an instructor The "open water" buoyancy course is ideal for divers who are already accustomed to cold...$180.00
$140.00Important Details Lessons will be held at the Grant MacEwan pool Includes a classroom session and 1-2 pool sessions with an instructor The "pool" buoyancy course is ideal for divers who normally dive only in warm water Please refer to...$140.00