If you’ve taken your Open Water Scuba Diver course and are now ready to expand your knowledge but would like to see what is out there first, then the SDI Advanced Adventure Diver course is for you! The SDI Advanced Adventure course will give you an overview of five different SDI specialties. Two of the required specialties are the Deep Diver and Navigation Diver specialties which are the foundation of continuing diver education. The remaining specialty dives you can opt for include:
- Advanced Buoyancy Control
- Nitrox Diver
- Night/Limited Visibility
- Equipment Specialist
- Underwater Photography
- Full Face Mask
- Many More!
This course is intended to introduce you to each of the five specialties selected; not complete comprehension of the chosen specialty. One dive from each of the chosen specialties may apply towards the completion of a specialty certification.
June 24-25 (Jasper)
|Contact us for dates|
**All dates are tentative depending on AHS guidelines and the reopening of pools, lakes, camping facilities.
Who this course is for
- Any certified open water scuba diver who wishes to expand their diver knowledge and skill set
- Any certified open water scuba diver who would like to advance in dive training
- Any certified open water scuba diver who would like to experience an introduction to SDI specialties
- Minimum age 18, 12 with parental consent
- SDI Open Water Scuba Diver or equivalent, SDI Junior Open Water Scuba Diver or equivalent
- Recommended 10 or more logged dives, some of which must be recent (with-in the last 6 months)
- Cold water experience. In order to complete this course locally you should have some dive experience in cold water prior to this course.
- Primary and backup dive light
- Dive knife
- Underwater slate or wetnotes
- Underwater compass
- Surface marker buoy and dive reel
What you can expect to learn
- An overview of the SDI Deep Diver and SDI Navigation Diver specialties
- Basic insight to three other chosen specialties of your choice as an introduction to that specific area in diving
What’s in it for you
- An opportunity to experience several SDI specialties
- Continue diver education, skills, and knowledge
- Ability to enroll in and complete selected specialties
- After successful completion, ability to enroll in the SDI Recue Diver course
SDI Advanced Adventure Diver minimum requirements
- Satisfactorily complete the appropriate SDI Advanced Adventure Diver Knowledge Quests with a passing score of 80%, followed by 100% remediation by the Instructor
- Complete all course requirements efficiently
- Demonstrate mature and sound judgment concerning dive planning and execution
- Pre-Course Study: Prior to the start of the course, students must successfully complete either the On-Line Training or Student Manual with IQ Review.
- Open Water Dives: With a qualified instructor, students will complete five dives including deep, navigation, and three other specialty dives.
Course fees do not include gear, tanks, airfills, travel, accommodations, training manuals.
Adventure Diver - Online$75.00NOTE: Online training for any SDI specialty courses are intended to replace the equivalent SDI paper manual. You are still required to satisfactorily complete all requirements for the course including any classroom, pool, and/or open water training...$75.00
Adventure Diver Course$400.00Important Details Lessons will be held at a local lake (usually Jasper or Twin Lakes) Includes 5 specialty dives, including Deep and Navigation plus three other specialty dives chosen by you and approved by the instructor The "rental wet...$400.00
Adventure Diver Manual$50.00The SDI Advanced Adventure Student Manual is the literary assistant to the SDI Advanced Adventure Diver certification course. By signing up for this course, the respective student has taken the next step beyond the Open Water certified scuba diver...$50.00