Classroom & Pool - Buddy Special
- Above prices are per person and include the SDI Open Water Diver Manual or Online Training Code, IQ Review Questions, workbook, all necessary equipment (except snorkeling gear: mask, snorkel, fins, boots which may be rented for $25 or purchased ahead of time.) Note: minimum age to complete the online training is 13 years old.
- Prices do not include transportation, accommodation, meals, etc.
- Open Water training dives must be completed within 6 months of the pool and classroom training.
- Upon registering for a course, you will be entitled to discounts of 10-25% off masks, snorkels, fins, boots, and other gear.
- Please register with us online, in-store, or over the phone for our regularly scheduled courses held at the Grant MacEwan Pool
- The Buddy Special price is per person and applies only to groups of 2 or more people who register for the same course. If cancellation or rescheduling results in only one person remaining in a specific course date, the price difference between the Buddy Special and Individual Registration will need to be paid prior to the start of the course.
- Please refer to our Refund Policy for questions about rescheduling or canceling registration for a course.
Prerequisites for the Open Water Course
- Minimum age for certification is 15 years
- Junior Scuba Diver available for ages 12 to 15 but must be accompanied by an adult who is also registered and participating in the course (it is STRONGLY recommended to wait until the child is at least 14 years old, here is a great article on "Children & Diving")
- Students must be physically fit and able to handle the physical and psychological demands of scuba diving independent of an instructor
- Student must fill out the medical form and have signed approval from their doctor when necessary, prior to the start of the course
- Students must be comfortable in the water and will be required to successfully complete a swim test of 200m (any stroke, not timed) as well as a 10 minute survival float. (Training is not permitted to proceed until the swim and float test are satisfactorily completed. If you're unsure of your abilities, head to a local pool and give it a try prior to registering).
*IMPORTANT: Fill out the required Medical Form. You may scan it & send with payment (see link above) or email to email@example.com. If you require a doctor's authorization as per the form's requirements, you must obtain this prior to the start of your training.