Cold Water Introduction
You are qualified to dive in the conditions that you were certified in. If you complete your open water training in warm water and would like to dive in cold/temperate water, assistance from an experienced professional will make your first cold water experience more enjoyable and you will be more likely to continue diving in the cold water. There is different gear involved with cold water diving including a thicker wetsuit (or drysuit), hood, gloves, boots, and extra weight to offset the buoyancy of all the extra neoprene. Cold/temperate water includes all the lakes around Alberta and all of Canada including the BC and Vancouver Island coasts, and as far south as California.
The Cold Water Diver specialty certification course is designed for certified open water divers who would like to learn to dive in cold water. Included is rental dive equipment, 2 open water dives with an option for 2 additional dives with an instructor including a review of all the open water diving skills.
Summer 2023 TBD
|Summer 2023 TBD
**All dates are tentative depending on AHS guidelines and the reopening of pools, lakes, camping facilities.
- Open Water Diver certification
- Recent diving experience (within last 2 years)
- Dive Planning: Pre-dive briefing with instructor, Post-dive logging dives including dive computer and/or dive table use
- Scuba Equipment: Review of cold water diving gear
- Weight Check: Ensure proper weighting for cold-water diving
- Review of Skills: Regulator use, mask flood/remove and clear, ascending, descending, buoyancy control, emergency ascents, air-sharing ascent, buddy towing and assistance, underwater navigation
- Open Water:
- With a qualified instructor, students will complete two dives in an open water environment and review their scuba skills
- Students have the option to continue diving with the instructor for a third and fourth dive the next day for a small fee
Course fees do not include gear, tanks, airfills, travel, accommodations, training manuals.
$200.00Important Details Price includes pool refresher (or pool fun) plus one snorkel dive and two open water scuba dives with an instructor (Jasper or local Alberta lake). Additional day of diving (2 more dives) is available for a small fee All scuba...$200.00
$150.00BACK TO COURSE INFO Hire A Dive Guide Please contact the store to confirm available dates and dive sites. Fee includes use of rental gear for the day/weekend including BCD, 7mm wetsuit, gloves, hood, regualators, dive computer, weights, 2 tanks...$150.00