The Drysuit Diver course will prepare you for scuba diving with a dry suit in cold, Canadian waters. Drysuits are also becoming more common in warm water diving for those that get chilled during multiple dives a day.
Drysuits may be purchased or rented for the course. While a drysuit certification is not required for diving with a dry suit, it is highly recommended and most dive shops will not rent a drysuit to a diver that is not certified to use a drysuit. Divers who dive with dry suits will tell you that you will learn the skills faster and easier in a structured course, compared to venturing on your own to "figure it out".
|Part 1: Pool Training||Part 2: Jasper||Part 2: Twin Lakes|
|Summer 2022 TBD|
**All dates are tentative depending on AHS guidelines and the reopening of pools, lakes, camping facilities.
For other dates not listed, please contact us to discuss options.
Who this course is for
- The certified diver looking for advanced training in dry suit equipment, selection and diving techniques. This diver can extend their diving season, spend more time diving in cooler environments and/or enjoy enhancing their dive experience by staying warm and cozy in a dry suit.
- SDI Open Water Scuba Diver, SDI Junior Open Water Diver, or equivalent
- Minimum age 18, 12 with parental consent
What you can expect to learn
- Types of dry suits, valves, and seals
- Features of a variety of drysuits
- Dive wear insulation and undergarments
- Buoyancy control and techniques including proper weighting
- Maintenance and care
- Emergency situations including malfunctions, floods, air in boots recovery
- Ascents, descents, hovering
- Pre-Course Study: Prior to the start of the course, students must successfully complete the Student Manual with IQ Review.
- Classroom Training: Hands-on classroom training must be completed prior to completing the pool training.
- Pool training: 2 hours in the pool with an instructor.
Open Water Dives: With a qualified instructor, students will complete two dives and required skills in an open water environment.
Course fees do not include gear, tanks, airfills, travel, accommodations, training manuals.
$300.00Important Details Class will be held at The Dive Outfitters, Pool at the Grant MacEwan Pool and a local lake (usually Jasper or Twin Lakes) Includes a classroom session, pool training, and 2 open water dives with an instructor The "rental dry...$300.00
$75.00NOTE: Online training for any SDI specialty courses are intended to replace the equivalent SDI paper manual. You are still required to satisfactorily complete all requirements for the course including any classroom, pool, and/or open water training...$75.00
$50.00The Dry Suit Manual is the text-book literary assistant to the SDI Dry Suit certification course. By signing up for this course, the perspective student will gain valuable information regarding the proper use of a dry suit in the diving environment, as...$50.00