The Drysuit Diver course will prepare you for scuba diving with a dry suit in cold, Canadian waters. Drysuits are also becoming more common in warm water diving for those that get chilled during multiple dives a day.
Drysuits may be purchased or rented for the course. While a drysuit certification is not required for diving with a dry suit, it is highly recommended and most dive shops will not rent a drysuit to a diver that is not certified to use a drysuit. Divers who dive with dry suits will tell you that you will learn the skills faster and easier in a structured course, compared to venturing on your own to "figure it out".
Part 1: Pool & Class
Part 2: Open Water
Saturday, March 23, 11am-6:30pm
Sunday, April 7, 10am-4:30pm
Saturday, May 11, 11am-6:30pm
Saturday, June 1, 11am-6:30pm
Saturday, July 6, 11am-6:30pm
Saturday, August 24, 11am-6:30pm
Saturday, September 7, 11am-6:30pm
Please see Open Water Training
For other dates not listed, please contact us to discuss options.
Who this course is for
- The certified diver looking for advanced training in dry suit equipment, selection and diving techniques. This diver can extend their diving season, spend more time diving in cooler environments and/or enjoy enhancing their dive experience by staying warm and cozy in a dry suit.
- SDI Open Water Scuba Diver, SDI Junior Open Water Diver, or equivalent
- Minimum age 18, 12 with parental consent
What you can expect to learn
- Types of dry suits, valves, and seals
- Features of a variety of drysuits
- Dive wear insulation and undergarments
- Buoyancy control and techniques including proper weighting
- Maintenance and care
- Emergency situations including malfunctions, floods, air in boots recovery
- Ascents, descents, hovering
- Pre-Course Study: Prior to the start of the course, students must successfully complete the Student Manual with IQ Review.
- Classroom Training: Hands-on classroom training must be completed prior to completing the pool training.
- Pool Training: With a qualified instructor, students will complete one pool training session
Open Water Dives: With a qualified instructor, students will complete two dives in an open water environment.
Course fees do not include gear, tanks, airfills, travel, accommodations, training manuals.