Intro To Tech Diving
The TDI Intro to Tech Course is an introductory course that expands on recreational training by improving dive planning methods, in-water skills, and streamlining existing gear configurations in a controlled and fun learning environment.
This course is designed as an introductory and pre-requisite course to the TDI Advanced Nitrox course and the TDI Decompression Procedures course. The objective of this course is to familiarize students with technical gear configurations including double cylinders, as well as to enhance open water diving skills (such as buoyancy, trim, proper finning techniques, and situational awareness), and to introduce students to advanced gas planning techniques within a no-decompression context. This course is strictly a no-decompression course; students are permitted to use Enriched Air Nitrox mixes, provided the gas mix is within their current level of certification.
Rental gear is available for the Intro to Tech course, however if you plan to continue onto the Advanced Nitrox and/or Decompression Procedures course, you will be required to have your own gear. Upon completion of the Intro to Tech course, our instructors insist on a minimum of 25 dives with the double cylinder setup before continuing on with the additional courses mentioned.
Who this course is for
- Certified open water scuba diver who wants to expand diver knowledge
- Certified open water scuba diver who is considering technical training
- Certified technical diver who is seeking a refresher course
- Minimum age 18, 15 with parental consent
- Minimum certification: SDI Open Water Scuba Diver or equivalent
- Proof of 25 logged open water dives
- Because these courses are taught locally, all pre-requisite dives and training dives are expected to be in cold water, and a drysuit is essential
- Primary cylinder
- Primary regulators
- Primary & alternate second stage required on all primary cylinders
- Submersible pressure gauge required on all primary cylinders
- Depth gauge and automatic bottom timer or dive computer
- Buoyancy compensator appropriate for equipment configuration
- Ascent reel with lift bag/surface marker buoy
- Appropriate for maximum planned depth
- Lift bag with at least 25 lbs of lift
- Drysuit for local diving
- Slates/wet notes
- Other equipment requirements may apply, check with instructor
What you can expect to learn
- In-depth dive planning, advanced buoyancy control, gas management, situational awareness, proper trim, gear configuration and selection
What’s in it for you
- Exposure to in-depth dive planning, introduction to more advanced technical diving and equipment
- Opportunity to become a more proficient diver and expand on diver skills and knowledge
- Upon successful completion of this course, graduates may enroll in the TDI Advanced Nitrox Course and the TDI Decompression Procedures course.
TDI Intro to Tech minimum requirements
- Execute proper gear selection and preparation as well as buddy gas matching
- Mastery of S.T.A.R.T, trim, finning techniques, body positioning, and diver skills
- Overall demonstration of mature, sound judgment concerning dive planning and execution
To register for this course please come in or call the store.
Course does not include textbook, transportation, accommodation, equipment, or air fills.
There are no products listed under this category.