Many divers find that night diving is their favorite type of diving. In Canada, it is almost a necessity as most inland lakes and even the Canadian west coast requires dive lights even during a hot sunny day.
As with all specialty diving applications, procedures are different than those associated with open water diving. The purpose of this course is to aquaint you with the procedures, techniques, and potential hazards associated with diving at night, or in limited visibility. By becoming familiar with the use of dive lights, and night diving techniques such as navigation, buddy system procedures, communications, buoyancy control, and interacting with nocturnal aquatic life, the diver will be able to enjoy night diving with maximum safety.
|June 24-25 (Jasper)
July 22-23 (Jasper)
August 26-27 (Jasper)
September 23-24 (Jasper)
|Contact us for dates|
Who this course is for
- Individuals that wish to explore the underwater world at night, along with the nocturnal wildlife
- Divers who will be diving in limited visibility environments, such as inland lakes or Canada west coast
- SDI Open Water Scuba Diver, SDI Junior Open Water Scuba Diver, or equivalent
- Minimum age 18 , 12 with parental consent
- Recommended 10 or more logged dives, some of which must be recent (with-in the last 6 months)
- Cold water experience. In order to complete this course locally you should have some dive experience in cold water prior to this course.
- Underwater compass
- Primary dive light and backup dive light suitable for conditions
- Tank marker light or strobe
- Dive site exit point surface marker or strobe
What you can expect to learn
- Diving at night or with limited visibility
- Equipment needed
- Buddy system and communication
- Navigating and dealing with disorientation
- Buoyancy control
- Emergency procedures
- Pre-Course Study: Prior to the start of the course, students must successfully complete the Student Manual with IQ Review.
- Open Water Dives: With a qualified instructor, students will complete two dives in an open water environment.
Course fees do not include gear, tanks, airfills, travel, accommodations, training materials.
$50.00The Night, Navigation, and Limited Visibility Manual is the text-book literary assistant to the SDI Night, Navigation, and Limited Visibility certification course. By signing up for this course, the perspective student will learn how to build upon their...$50.00
$180.00Important Details Lessons will be held at a local lake (usually Jasper or Twin Lakes) Includes a classroom session and 2 open water dives with an instructor This course is ideal for divers who are already accustomed to cold water diving The "rental...$180.00