The Nitrox Diver course enables divers to breathe compressed air with a higher than normal % of oxygen. It will provide the scuba diver with the knowledge and skill to dive with nitrox mixtures from 22 to 40 percent oxygen.
Diving with Nitrox can increase your no-decompression limits, reduce fatigue, reduce the effects of nitrogen narcosis, and reduce your chances of decompression sickness if followed properly. Nitrox diving is gaining popularity at resorts, live aboard boat operators and local dive shops. Diving with Nitrox gives you the extra-added safety cushion if followed properly.
Must be a certified Open Water Diver or enrolled in the Open Water Diver course in order to enroll in the Nitrox course. So you can complete the Nitrox course prior to heading out for your open water dives!
Available upon request
March 20 at 9am
For other dates not listed, please contact us to discuss options
Who this course is for
- The certified diver looking to advance their knowledge and skill set
- The certified diver looking to extend their no decompression time limits
- Minimum age 18, 12 with parental consent
- SDI Open Water Scuba Diver, SDI Junior Open Water Scuba Diver, or equivalent, or current enrollment in one of those courses
What you can expect to learn
- Physiology of using different breathing gas mixtures and equipment considerations for using nitrox
- How to safely use nitrox mixtures up to 40 percent with a dive computer
- Advantages and disadvantages of utilizing nitrox mixtures, how to analyze a nitrox mixture
- Review of decompression theory and dive tables
- Formulas and calculations for safe dive planning with nitrox
- Pre-Course Study: Prior to the start of the course, students must successfully complete either the Online Training or Student Manual with IQ Review.
- Classroom Training: Hands-on classroom training must be completed including review of key concepts with the instructor, analyzing nitrox cylinders, programming your dive computer for nitrox diving.
Course fees do not include gear, tanks, airfills, travel, accommodations, training materials.