As equipment changes make diving easier, they are incorporated into diving. One of those changes has been sidemount cylinders. Sidemount cylinder use has exploded on the scuba diving scene. This course is designed to teach certified divers how to safely utilize side-mounted primary cylinders as an alternative to the traditional back-mounted configuration. The course is strictly non-decompression with a maximum depth limit of 40 metres/130 feet, or within the limit of the student’s current certification, whichever is shallower
Who this course is for
- The certified diver looking to use a sidemount cylinder instead of the standard back mount unit.
- SDI Open Water Scuba Diver or equivalent
- Minimum age 18, 15 with parental consent.
- Recommended 10 or more logged dives, some of which must be recent (with-in the last 6 months)
- Cold water experience. In order to complete this course locally you should have some dive experience in cold water prior to this course.
What you can expect to learn
- Gas management utilizing independent cylinders
- Equipment considerations
- Problem solving
- Water entries
- S-Drills (specific to sidemount)
- Buoyancy control
- Attaching sidemount cylinders
- Perform gas switches
- Perform safety stops
- Pool Training: With a qualified instructor, students will complete one pool training session
- Open Water Dives: With a qualified instructor, students will complete two dives in an open water environment
Course fees do not include gear, tanks, airfills, travel, accommodations, training materials.
Sidemount Diver Course$300.00Important Details Lessons will be held at the Grant MacEwan Pool and a local lake (usually Jasper or Twin Lakes) Includes a classroom session, pool training, and 2 open water dives with an instructor For gear requirements and pricing for...$300.00
Sidemount Pool Discovery Dive$100.00BACK TO COURSE INFO Curious about all the hype with sidemount diving? Well now is your chance to give it a try in the pool and see the benefits of this type of diving. A sidemount BCD, regaulator, and tank configuration will be provided.Each student...$100.00