This course allows the student to experience some of the special considerations of underwater photography, with a discussion of many of the areas of interest to the photographer. Please note, this course is not intended to show you how to "use" your camera, it is intended to give you a better understanding of taking photos underwater. Students should be familiar with their cameras, its settings, and how it works in a general sense which may be accomplished on land prior to the start of the course.
Who this course is for
- The certified diver looking for more information regarding the use of underwater photography for scuba diving, and wanting bring back many memories of their underwater adventures to share with family and friends
- SDI Open Water Scuba Diver, SDI Junior Open Water Diver, or equivalent
- SDI Advanced Buoyancy certification (or sufficient dive experience, approved by the instructor)
- Minimum age 18, 12 with parental consent
- Ownership of an underwater camera system including a minimum of one external strobe or light
What you can expect to learn
- Lighting: filters, strobes, lights, backscatter issues
- Memory technology
- Maintenance and cleaning
- Photography basics: composition, use of light, use of models, subject selection
- Buoyancy techniques, underwater awareness and conservation
- Buddy and safety skills
- Discuss with instructor helpful hints on how to improve photos
- Pre-Course Study: Prior to the start of the course, students must be familiar with the use of their camera system including its settings and capabilities
- Classroom Training: Hands-on classroom training must be completed prior to completing the pool training.
- Pool Training: With a qualified instructor, students will complete one pool training session
- Open Water Dives: With a qualified instructor, students will complete two dives in an open water environment.
Course fees do not include gear, tanks, airfills, travel, accommodations, training materials.
$300.00BACK TO COURSE INFO Includes 1-2 classroom sessions and 1-2 pool session with the instructor, depending on the size of the group.$300.00
$60.00*Oct 30th course is sold out. Please contact the store to be added to the wait list email@example.com What: Underwater Photo/Video Classroom WorkshopWhere: The Dive Outfitters store – 11781-156 StreetWho: amateur underwater photographers...$60.00